emergency-gis message

Subject: Any word from Jamie? Notes.

Hi Everyone,

I checked to see if I had missed any messages from these lists, and I
apparently have not, so I thought I would ask if we had heard
anything from Jamie Clark?

For unrelated reasons, I will be in touch with Karl Best quite a bit
in the near future, and I will be posting some announcements on these
lists, as well. Those concerns only touch on EM tangentially, but are
related to the XML2004 paper and presentation I am working on;
"Connecting the Dots: CAP and WSRP." So my secondary question is,
Should I mention this to Karl?

Karl is now also handling TC administration tasks along with Jamie
and the new person who was hired recently, I believe. In any event,
he handles one of the other TCs I happen to co chair and another SC I
chair, and I have a backlog of administrative duties to catch up on.
So I won't be communicating with him solely for this TC's situation.

Regardless, the emergency-msg SC meets tomorrow at the regular time,
and I haven't prepared an agenda, per se, but we have work on our
plate.

If we could see what the interest is in helping out on the CAP
Implementor's Guide, that is one item we could try to get moving.
Allen uploaded his most recent work on it recently, so a review might
be in order.

Art uploaded a strawman for EDXL, so that can be reviewed as well.

And, Registries is a topic that I will be addressing in the paper,
presentation and demonstration I'm working on, so I can use that to
contribute to our discussions about that.

It is not as if we lacked for work at hand. So, regardless of what we
think is most important of the three issues I mentioned, or if
something else needs to be addressed, we can still make some progress
while we let the chair situation sort itself out.

Ciao,
Rex

--
Rex Brooks