emergency-gis message

Subject: Re: [emergency-gis] Groups - GIS SC ConCall modified

Sorry I couldn't fit the half-hour in, Carl,

I was listening in on the Data Reference Model work in the
Collaborative Expedition Workshop, which did, I should add, include
geospatial components, so I wanted to recommend that you try to find
the time to follow this work this summer. The next installment of
this process is Aug. 16 in which the group I am working with on a
Collaborative Semantic Interoperability Architecture Pilot with
Oracle and 6 other smaller companies will be showing the capabilities
of Oracle 10g R2, though the Pilot itself is scheduled for the
September 14 session. I will try to make a report for our next
meeting, with reference materials. The interesting part of
yesterday's session is the addition of installation and testing
programs with which interested parties can try out the DRM as it is
being developed and provide feedback, as well as add their own
information exchange access points and xml vocabularies through the
ET.gov website and a couple of downloadable programs.

Ciao,
Rex