emergency-have message

Subject: Re: Chet and Darrell: [emergency-have] HAVE 2.0 - Data Dictionary

Yes indeed, I see the benefits of this approach. Much better than manually slogging through a huge pile of data...

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 7:55 AM, Timothy Grapes <grapesco@outlook.com> wrote:

Darrell,

I originally had a question whether the gen’d version provides all the information that our typical data dictionary would.  After comparing it looks like it definitely does.  The gen appears to produce the “Data Dictionary table rows” that only apply to each element.  For example, I didn’t see a row for “enumerations/default values” until I found an element where it applied so we are good.

Chet, I’d like to reiterate a couple of points regarding this request.  This proposed method:

1.       covers all the information we normally include in a manually-written data dictionary (DD)

2.       is far less resource intensive than manually matching schema with DD

3.       eliminates errors between the two.  If the schema is fixed, a new data dictionary is gen’d to automatically pick up the changes

4.       helps with an urgent driver to get the HAVE specification completed ASAP, and through the OASIS process to address the need for Ebola support

Thanks,
    Tim