emergency-have message

Subject: Re: HAVE JIRA issues

From our session this morning - I will be uploading it momentarily as well.

Robert - (CC'ed as not formally registered as part of SC) - you'll see some solid feedback in here on approach. One item of note - I will be doing a review on #51 as I think some of these specifications should be referenced so I am looking at which ones we need and where we can add a sentence or two to do so. I will have that review done tonight.

cheers,

Darrell

Darrell O'Donnell, P.Eng.

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 9:47 PM, Elysa Jones <elysajones@yahoo.com> wrote:

WOW, great stuff Rex!  We should be able to make great progress with your input here and let you sleep in a bit in the morning.  I trust Robert will be able to make the document changes from here.

I’m reviewing/updating the SOU and working the 1.0.  I’ll be on the call tomorrow and may have my bit ready as well.

From: rexbroo [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 8:22 PM
To: O'Connor, Robert <Robert.O'Connor@iem.com>; Darrell O'Donnell <darrell.odonnell@continuumloop.com>; Elysa Jones <elysajones@yahoo.com>

This took me 4.5 hrs total, but it should cut down tomorrow's work. I definitely do not volunteer to do this. The data dictionary was my contribution.

40-Add conformance clause in Section 5 of spec doc per Darrell's suggestion. follow example of EDXL-RM http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/edxl-rm/v1.0/os/EDXL-RM-v1.0-OS.doc

41-This should be marked resolved. It has been handled by the addition of the conventional data dictionary.

42-Move EDXL-DE to Non Normative References and make 'Non Normative References' a heading: e.g.1.3 Non Normative References

45-Appendix A should be removed as it has been superseded by the data dictionary. Mark as resolved.

46-I vote to reply "Declined"

47-Suggest following example Conformance Section of EDXL-RM http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/edxl-rm/v1.0/os/EDXL-RM-v1.0-OS.doc since the data dictionary now contains requirements and if we get this back from the Public Review I would decline to go into detail about requirements or else we'll be at this when hell freezes over.

49-I vote to decline with comment to commenter that we will decline in future too, if this is returned to us unless commenter cares to be specific about exactly what passages (Line numbers) are referred to in Section 3.5 that references Section 3.3 as if it is normative. In that case, I'd change the passage in Section 3.5 whatever it is.

50-Drop the unused references while moving EDXL-DE to Non Normative References.

51-Drop the unused references.

52-Use the recommended superseding references.

53-Use the recommended current citation

54-Use the recommended current citation

55-Use the recommended current citation

56-Be sure to delete the unused references first, then: Use the correct styling, but follow the tabular format already in use since the format that follows applies only to typestyle, not tabular format http://docs.oasis-open.org/TChandbook/Reference/WPQualityChecklist.html

EXAMPLE CITATION CONSTRUCTION:

[CITATION-LABEL]

Work Product title (italicized). Approval date (DD Month YYYY). Stage Identifier and Revision Number (e.g., Committee Specification Draft 01). Principal URI (version-specific URI, e.g., including the filename component with stage and revision:
/somespec-v1.0-csd01.html).

Two examples:

[CAP-1.2]

Common Alerting Protocol Version 1.2. 01 July 2010. OASIS Standard. http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/cap/v1.2/CAP-v1.2-os.html.

[OpenDocument-1.2]

Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) Version 1.2. 19 January 2011. OASIS Committee Specification Draft 07. http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/csd07/OpenDocument-v1.2-csd07.html.

57-We don't have any control over the html version of the spec. That is done by TC Admin, so we'll have to decline this and see if there are any broken links when the public review draft is produced for us.

58-I don't know what this is referring to. I vote to decline.

59-Correct ttp to http at what was line 1267

60-Check to be sure this reference isn't one of those to be deleted before correcting this link--this may require some time chasing down the correct link--but I bet it is one of those to be deleted.

61-Check to make sure this is not one of the references to be deleted and if not, Use the correct citation per the issue.

62-https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/EMERGENCY-62 This wasn't included in Robert's list, but we don't generate the pdf,  TC Admin does, so we have to decline.

63-We don't generate line numbers, TC Admin does that, so we should double check with TC Admin tto make sure that is done for the public review.