emergency-have message

Subject: Re: [emergency-cap] FW: How does CAP identify Papiamento?

This also affects our other EDXL standards and specifications, EDXL-HAVE-v2.0 in particular at this time. So it should also be an agenda item for the next HAVE SC meeting next week and the next RIM SC meeting in two weeks.

Cheers,
Rex

On 11/21/2017 5:29 AM, Elysa Jones wrote:

Friends,  Please see the forwarded conversation from Eliot on how the language codes are now referenced.  We need to consider this and perhaps make an update in this regard for the CAP 1.2 errata.  If you agree, I will open a JIRA issue on the topic.  Elysa

From: Eliot Christian [mailto:eliot.j.christian@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 6:27 AM
To: Elysa Jones <ElysaJones@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: How does CAP identify Papiamento?

Reading this article, it looks like language code reference to ISO 3066 in the CAP standard need to be updated. The article says:

The latest RFC describing language tag syntax is RFC 5646, Tags for the Identification of Languages, and it obsoletes the older RFCs 46463066 and 1766.

You used to find subtags by consulting the lists of codes in various ISO standards, but now you can find all subtags in the IANA Language Subtag Registry.

The language code for Papiamento is listed as "pap" in the IANA Language Subtag Registry, so updating the CAP standard would fix my immediate problem.