emergency-have message

Subject: FW: Publication process clarification: OASIS/HL7 HAVE v2.0

For possible discussion on today’s call

Scott M Robertson, PharmD, RPh, FHL7

Principal Technology Consultant

Health IT Strategy & Policy

Kaiser Permanente Information Technology
Technology Risk Office
| Office of the CTRO
tro.kp.org

Pasadena / Torrance, CA

310-200-0231 (office)

scott.m.robertson@kp.org

kp.org/thrive

From: Scott M. Robertson
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2018 10:46 AM
To: 'Karen Van Hentenryck (HL7)' <karenvan@hl7.org>; Lynn Laakso (HL7) <lynn@hl7.org>
Cc: Elysa Jones <elysajones@yahoo.com>; Sandra J. Stuart <Sandra.Stuart@kp.org>

  1. Use the standard HL7 cover matter but indicate that the document is jointly copyrighted by HL7 and Oasis. If we do this, Oasis can publish a copy of the document on their own website using their own cover matter that also reflects joint copyright
    <smr>This is an option – better than the TEP option – but I was trying to avoid having two different “official” documents1</smr>
  2. We can create a single cover page that combines elements of both HL7 and Oasis cover matter
    <smr>This is what I was attempted with the “… Joint Format.doc” file</smr>

I forgot to mention:  once we come to an agreement (not necessarily on every detail and word), I will take this to OASIS to get their by-in.  Rather than a decision, you could rank the options (now three, see below) and that will go to OASIS.  Publication would “begin” (as described in my first thread) once HL7/OASIS agreement is reached

Now three options:

SMR opinion1

  1. As done with TEP:  OASIS publishes with the OASIS cover matter.  HL7 publishes with HL7 cover matter in front of OASIS cover matter

Least desirable

  1. Two documents:  OASIS publishes with OASIS cover matter plus note of joint publication.  HL7 publishes with HL7 cover matter plus note of joint publication.

Works

  1. One document:  Combined OASIS/HL7 cover matter.

Most desirable

1Although I’m including my perspective, whatever HL7 and OASIS agree on is what will be done.

-Scott

Scott M Robertson, PharmD, RPh, FHL7

Principal Technology Consultant

Health IT Strategy & Policy

Kaiser Permanente Information Technology
Technology Risk Office
| Office of the CTRO
tro.kp.org

Pasadena / Torrance, CA

310-200-0231 (office)

scott.m.robertson@kp.org

kp.org/thrive

Caution: This email came from outside Kaiser Permanente. Do not open attachments or click on links if you do not recognize the sender.

Scott, Elysa:

We can one of two things:

  1. Use the standard HL7 cover matter but indicate that the document is jointly copyrighted by HL7 and Oasis. If we do this, Oasis can publish a copy of the document on their own website using their own cover matter that also reflects joint copyright
  2. We can create a single cover page that combines elements of both HL7 and Oasis cover matter

Please advise on your preference.

Thanks,

Karen