emergency-have message

Subject: Another thought: Re: [emergency-have] Closing out HAVE 2.0

The actual change to the edxl-have-v2.0.xsd to accommodate the permanently "official" edxl-ct-v1.0.xsd file url is and will remain: http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/edxl-ct/v1.0/csd03/xsd/edxl-ct-v1.0.xsd so you can go ahead and make that change, too and the new Committee Specification will eventually be installed at that url.

It, the permanent url, like those for edxl-ciq and edxl-gsf reflects the latest Committee Specification for those supposedly-always-evolving specifications. They just haven't been used consistently correctly because at various times, different "new" versions were working their ways through the approval process while major specs were being authored and revised. So authors have used those in-process wds rather than the currently "official" "source of truth" "-v1.0.xsd" files at their permanent urls. Someday, we in the RIM really need to write up policy on this clearly, but I'm trying to get the unification done first so people will actually "trust" the official versions and never again will we see a wd in the imports of a spec.

Cheers,
Rex