After a one-week hiatus due to meeting conflicts EMIF-SC held its fourth session this morning at 9:00 PDT/12:00 EDT. Notes follow:
Rick Carlton - Chairman
Michael Wilson - Member
Gary Ham - Member
Jay Clark - Member
Allen Wyke - Observer
Art Botterell - Member
Cathy Subatch - Member
John Aerts - Member
Dave Robinson - Member
Steve Siegel - Member
Mark Benemerito - Member
Discussion, Agreements and Ratifications:
1. It was agreed that the committees IF standards review is actively progressing, and that elemental identification of traits meeting the requirements of the EM-IF Charter are becoming obvious.
2. CARLTON queried the committee on the need for refinements to the current validation matrix document. None were suggested and it was agreed to adopt the current document format going-forward.
3. HAM reported that he is actively engaged in producing an acceptable DMI-S elemental schema for distribution and consideration by the IF committee. The current schedule suggests completion and delivery within the week of 6.9.03.
4. CARLTON polled members for status of individual standards reviews. Results were:
A. OASIS B-PEL - CARLTON: Initial review completed. Extract and markup for final consideration underway.
B. OASIS WSIA/WSRP 0.95 - WILSON : Initial review completed. Extract and markup for final consideration underway.
C. OASIS UDDI - CARLTON : Initial review completed. Extract and markup for final consideration underway.
D. DOJ Schema Structure - HAM : Initial review completed. Extract and markup to begin shortly.
E. MICROSOFT Addressing standard - WILSON/HAM : Initial review completed. Extract and markup to begin shortly.
F. W3C RDF - CARLTON : Holding due to conflicting workload. CLARK volunteered to assume initial review duties.
5. CARLTON then polled for status of additional industry web services/segment architectures. Results were:
A. IBM - CARLTON : Initial review completed. Extract and markup will proceed in parallel with Item 4A.
B. Oracle - CARLTON : Initial review underway.
C. Microsoft - WILSON : Initial review will begin shortly.
D. Prism - SIEGEL : No status due to absence.
E. Health Management Standards - WILSON : Holding due to conflicting workload.
6. CARLTON also advised that initial review of the Defense Collaboration Tool Suite(DCTS)is complete and that additional necessary dialogue with DISA is underway.
7. CARLTON polled for discussion regarding the MESSAGES AND NOTIFICATIONS committee's request for an initial finding associated with deployable security standards. It was agreed that WYKE'S suggestion to adopt general WEB SERVICES protocols was valid. It was, further agreed that CARLTON would draft language supporting this premise and that, after review and ratification by EM-IF, a finding of fact would be provided to the EM-TC for adoption and distribution to MESSAGES AND NOTIFICATIONS where appropriate.
8. CARLTON polled for suggestions regarding formal IF validation criteria. Discussion on-going.
1. Progression on technologies under review - GROUP - On schedule(s) as previously defined.
2. Production and delivery of DMI-S Schema - HAM - On schedule as previously defined.
3. Production of language addressing MESSAGES AND NOTIFICATIONS recommendation - CARLTON - By 6.3.03
4. Continuance of discussion on formal validation criteria - GROUP
6/4/03 - 9:00 PDT/12:00 EDT - 1.800.453.7412 - #604776
END OF 5.28.03 NOTES