emergency-if message

Subject: Re: [emergency-if] Fwd: [EDXL] "Wrapper" update from Monday 8/23 call

I may also be wrong, but I think we need to see it because it isn't
actually cooked yet, to the extent that we may be able to see something
that other eyes have missed. Also, a US-specific policy or practice is not
a standard, but certainly needs to be taken into account when/if we take on
the work of creating a standard.

Ciao,
Rex

At 01:26 AM 8/24/2004, Kon Wilms wrote:
>My question is, what is the point of having the IF group even look at this
>if it is already 'cooked'? Seems rather pointless and defeats the purpose
>of a standards group, i.e. set standard -> implement standard, or maybe I
>am missing something...
>
>Cheers
>Kon
>
>Art Botterell wrote:
>>Friends -
>>FYI re some requirements / drafting work being done under DHS and EIC
>>auspices.  This particular item is being fast-tracked to a draft for an
>>exercise next month... so by the time it comes around as a submission to
>>the TC it'll have at least a first round of testing along with a pretty
>>broad stakeholder base.
>>- Art
>>
>>>To: edxl@incident.com
>>>From: Art Botterell <acb@incident.com>
>>>Subject: [EDXL] "Wrapper" update from Monday 8/23 call
>>>Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:34:38 -0700
>>>
>>>Friends -
>>>
>>>Thanks to all who worked so hard on our call earlier today, and to those
>>>who've offered inputs by email and offline conversations.  I'm attaching
>>>a redraft incorporating our discussions from today, in the course of
>>>which it seems like we reached pretty good closure (for a first round,
>>>anyway) on the overall "wrapper" message structure and on Tables 1-3 of
>>>the specifics.
>>>
>>>As discussed on the call, we're going to try to resolve Tables 4 (agency
>>>types) and 5 (response types) in the course of this week via this email
>>>list.  If you have specific suggestions for adds, edits or deletes,
>>>please post them to this list (<edxl@incident.com>) ASAP. In the
>>>interests of time I'd encourage all of us to refrain from philosophical
>>>or general comments unless they're accompanied by specific and
>>>actionable suggestions.
>>>
>>>Also, please note that, in the interests of net.hygene, attachments may
>>>only be sent to the list by special arrangement... so please make any
>>>comments and suggestions in your email text, not in a "red-lined" copy
>>>of the draft.
>>>
>>>I'll also be posting this file to our Knowledge Center on DisasterHelp.gov.
>>>
>>>Again, thanks to each of you for all your hard work and insight, and for
>>>demonstrating how much we can accomplish together when the chips are down!
>>>
>>>- Art
>>>

>To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of
>the OASIS TC), go to
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-if/members/leave_workgroup.php.

Rex Brooks      Starbourne Communications Design
WebAddress      http://www.starbourne.com
GeoAddress:     1361-A Addison
                 Berkeley, CA, USA 94702
Tel:            510-849-2309