emergency-if message

Subject: Re: [emergency-if] Groups - 09/01/2009 Agenda IF SC Meeting (09-01-09Agenda IF SC Meeting.doc) uploaded

Hi Folks,

Sorry to make a tough half hour tougher, but I need to introduce the
topic of Cloud Computing, Mesh Networks and BSI for Radio over IP since
all this is being added aas part of "Core Services" to the NCOIC All
Hazards Alert and Warning Network Centric Pattern I'm writing. Here's
what Wikipedia has to say about BSI:

The BSI draft standard[1] is being developed by Public safety
practitioners and interested vendors, and sponsored by the Department of
Homeland Security's (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate; Office for
Interoperability and Compatibility(OIC) and National Institute of
Standards and Technology's (NIST) Office of Law Enforcement Standards.

A Bridging Systems Interface (BSI) is a hardware or software platform
that enables radio system or radio gateway interoperability in an Radio
over IP system. The BSI is essentially a "black box" between the radio
and the rest of the IP network.

I need to integrate this in an environment where I'm discovering that
P-25 Radio Interoperability is a myth. Down in the fire zone they're
carrying three different radios for LAPD, LA County Sheriffs and LA
County Fire Department.

Not acceptable. In short words 'this can't stand.'

Whomever's nose we have to knock outa joint, we gotta do it yesterday. I
have family in SoCal even if they are not in LA County anymore. Their
counties are not any better. Tom Ferrentino lost a close friend in
Buffalo last week.  Enough is way too much!

Time to Saddle up,
Rex

--
Rex Brooks