emergency-if message

Subject: RE: [emergency-if] Groups - DE_Invalid_Expample.zip uploaded

Don

You are exactly right.  The EDXL-DE example you saw was created during the development of the DE.  It was an example of signing and encrypting using the original EDXL-DE schema which had combinedConfidentiality at the end of the header <xsd:sequence> just like the contentObject has confidentiality at end of <xsd:sequence> for the contentObject.  At the last minute it was decided to move the location of combinedConfidentiality from the last element of the header and put it with all the other mandatory elements.  This was because some of the programmers were hard coding reading the schema and it was easier to have all mandatory elements together.  Unfortunately the examples were already in the document and in the rush to get the DE out the change Don has caught was not fixed.  This should be fixed in the next release.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: dmcgarry@mitre.org [mailto:dmcgarry@mitre.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 10:37 AM
To: emergency-if@lists.oasis-open.org

The document named DE_Invalid_Expample.zip has been submitted by Mr. Donald
McGarry to the EM Infrastructure Framework SC document repository.

Document Description:
This is a zip file of 2 xml files.  One is the example from the DE 1.0 spec
(TheirExample.xml) and the simple correction I made (My File.xml).  The
reason it is wrong is that the DE schema elements are bound within a
sequence therefore they must be in a specific order.  This example places a
bunch of things before the field combinedconfidentiality.  I also included
two screenshots of XMLSpy showing that my example validates and the example
from the DE spec doesn't.

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=36662

Download Document: