emergency-if message

Subject: RE: [emergency-if] Infrastructure Meeting Today.

Title: Infrastructure Meeting Today.

All

I agree with Don.  I have an understanding with the technical UCORE architect about the use of the different standards UCORE versus the EDXL-DE.  That said.  The SAIC team which creating UICDS decided to strip the DE header from messages like OASIS EDXL-RM and use UCORE for data subscriptions.  This works if you neglect all the issues considered in developing the original DE 1.0.  If we want to use only use certain distribution topologies, UCORE is a US government standard for expressing this type of information.  The DE however is  a International standard and needs to support other capabilities.

Dave

From: McGarry, Donald P. [mailto:dmcgarry@mitre.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:00 AM
To: Ellis, David; emergency-if@lists.oasis-open.org

I think before we dig too deep into the details of that we need to address this topic:

the DE is often thought of as Metadata for contents in a data storage repository or for display on COP like UCORE.”

There is no consensus on this item and we need to formally define the statement of purpose for the DE before we move into anything else.

-Don

Office: 315-838-2669

Cell: 703-595-9375

dmcgarry@mitre.org