emergency-if message

Subject: DE SitRep requirement / request

Title: [emergency-if] Groups - DE2.0DraftSchema_12_07_2010.zip (DE2.0DraftSchema_12_07_2010.zip) uploaded

Hi Jeff,

Your update today reminded my about an issue we ran into for SitReps.  I thought one of our members had submitted this into your process a while back, but apparently not.

Given how late we are in the process, I would request you add this to your issues list and evaluate both the urgency and ease.  If valid and easy perhaps it can be accommodated.  Otherwise it should live on a list for another iteration.

“The EDXL-DE can only allow one distribution type, which must be applied consistently across all content objects if multiple content objects exist.  With SitReps and the high interest it is generating from state and local regions, request that the distribution type element be moved to the content object level.  SitReps is constructed using 5 basic report types all hinged together by a common root (e.g. “Field Observation”, “casualty and illness summary” and “Response Resources…).  However, one and only one report type may be applied within any given SitRep root (due to valid business rules that have been agreed-upon).  The DE provides the capability and meets our requirement for “multiple SitReps in a single ‘message’”, and is also the solution for sending of multiple SitRep report types within one “send”.  For example, sending of a “Field Observation” report type with a “casualty and illness summary” report type requires 2 DE content objects.  However, use cases exist where one content object would require one distribution type selection such as “update’, while the other would require a different distribution type such as “report”.”

The work around to not doing this in the DE 2.0, is that a user must send one and only one SitRep Report type per each  DE (one content object), unless all of the content objects / SitRep report types sent can ALL apply the same distribution type such as “update”.

Thanks for your consideration Jeff et al,

Tim Grapes

Evotec

703-304-4829