emergency-if message

Subject: Groups - DRAFT-03-15-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee-1.doc (DRAFT-03-15-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee-1.doc) uploaded

Please review these minutes from the March 15, 2011 Meeting of the
Infrastructure Framework Subcommittee meeting for approval subject to any
specified changes.  Thanks.

 -- Jeff Waters

The document named DRAFT-03-15-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee-1.doc
(DRAFT-03-15-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee-1.doc) has been submitted by Jeff
Waters to the EM Infrastructure Framework SC document repository.

Document Description:
At today's Infrastructure Framework Subcommittee meeting, the members
discussed the current status of the common components, namely the Common
Types, the CIQ Profile and the SimpleFeatures Profile.  The following
topics were discussed:

1.   TOPIC: What is the status of our common components?  (Answer: The
Common Types, including schema and document, are almost ready for
recommended approval by EM TC.  The CIQ Profile has a schema from Don and
Jeff is drafting a document. The SimpleFeatures schema and document are
being drafted by Tim and Lew. )

2.  TOPIC: What is the status of the SimpleFeatures Profile?  (Answer:
Draft is underway, but one issue is the need to create the SimpleFeatures
schema, since OGC has changed its policy and currently does not offer a
schema. )

3.   TOPIC: Should we keep WeatherInfoType as a simple string in the Common
Types or remove it until we get a better version?  (Answer: Members
discussed the issue. Benefits of removing include avoiding confusion, but
benefits of keeping include serving as a placeholder for awareness of the
need. Ran out of time before matter resolved.)

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=41655

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41655/DRAFT-03-15-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee-1.doc