emergency-if message

Subject: Groups - DRAFT-05-10-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee-1-1.doc (DRAFT-05-10-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee-1-1.doc) uploaded

Please review these minutes from the May 10th, 2011 meeting of the IF
Subcommittee for approval at our next meeting, subject to any specified
changes. Thanks.

 -- Jeff Waters

The document named DRAFT-05-10-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee-1-1.doc
(DRAFT-05-10-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee-1-1.doc) has been submitted by Jeff
Waters to the EM Infrastructure Framework SC document repository.

Document Description:
This document contains the minutes of the May 10th, 2011 meeting of the
Infrastructure Framework Subcommittee.  At this meeting, the members
discussed the current status of the common components, namely the Common
Types, the CIQ Profile and the SimpleFeatures Profile.  The following
topics were discussed:

1.   TOPIC: What is the status of our common components and DE 2.0?
(Answer: The Common Types and CIQ profile are ready for approval at todays
TC call and a new version of the DE 2.0 schema with HAVE examples has been
uploaded for consideration. Still awaiting SimpleFeatures profile.)

2.  TOPIC: What is the status and relationship of our work with TSO?
(Answer: The Tactical Situation Object (TSO) is another standard for
wrapping emergency information and its important for us to show the
relationship of our standards with TSO to avoid any appearance of
competition. For example, we can illustrate the mapping of components, and
resulting interoperability, in the form of an ontology, among our emergency
management EDXL standards elements and the TSO code lists. Rex is working
on this.)

3.   TOPIC: What is the status of SimpleFeatures and are we introducing too
much complexity in general with all these profiles and dependencies?
(Answer: The OGC is getting the document in the right format to utilize
schematron rules. The procedure would be for a user to refer to the
documentation for the constraint rules, then create the compliant xml
instance, then run a schematron file against it to validate. The schematron
file provides both the normal schema constraints but also more flexibility
in specifying more expressive constraints using rules.  Complexity remains
a challenge as we reuse components.  With CIQ, we isolated some of the
dependencies by copying the schema and putting in our own namespace, so
this is one solution for reducing multiple dependencies and the resulting
complexity.)

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=42443

Download Document: