emergency-if message

Subject: Groups - DRAFT-06-07-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee-1-1.doc (DRAFT-06-07-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee-1-1.doc) uploaded

Please review these minutes from the June 6th, 2011 meeting of the
Infrastructure Framework Subcommittee for approval at our next meeting,
subject to any specified changes. Thanks.

 -- Jeff Waters

The document named DRAFT-06-07-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee-1-1.doc
(DRAFT-06-07-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee-1-1.doc) has been submitted by Jeff
Waters to the EM Infrastructure Framework SC document repository.

Document Description:
This document contains the minutes for the June 6th, 2011 meeting of the
Infrastructure Framework Subcommittee. At today's meeting, the members
discussed the following topics:

1.  TOPIC: Are we enabling improved interoperability among our EDXL
vocabulary and the vocabularies of other standards?  (Answer: Yes, Rex has
launched this initiative to create an ontology to document code lists and
elements from the EDXL family of standards.  Rex will be updating all of us
on the various committees as he moves forward. This super data dictionary
for all the value lists and elements in our standard is a long-time goal of
the Reference Information Model (RIM) work and will enable mapping and the
consequent interoperability with other standards, such as the Tactical
Situation Object (TSO). This mapping promotes our goal for our work is to
be collaborative and cooperative with other standards efforts. )

2.  TOPIC: Are we ready to approve the SimpleFeatures common component?
(Answer: Yes, Lew has prepared the narrative specification document and
worked with Don and Carl to use the micro_gml_profile as the normative
schema.  The plan is to have the final small issues be resolved at the EM
TC meeting to follow and then have an electronic ballot to approve.
[UPDATE: Actually, the motion was approved at the EM TC meeting! The
micro_gml_profile schema and committee specification are approved as a
committee specification draft, subject to the specified changes.])

3.   TOPIC: Should we use the ValueList structure to represent Areas in the
DE 2.0, and provide defaults for the current two options of SourceArea and
TargetArea?  (Answer: Yes, the consensus was to enable this added
flexibility given that there may be multiple types of areas and this added
flexibility is consistent with the DE 2.0 style of using ValueLists in more
places.)

4.   TOPIC: Are we developing an example of the DE 2.0 which demonstrates
the ability to do smart routing of EDXL messages based on roles
documented in an ontology with inferencing?  (Answer: Yes, Jeff is looking
into developing a proof-of-concept software module utilizing the open
source reasoner, Hermit, that could be integrated into a routing capability
to take the message roles as input and determine specifically who or where
the message should be sent.  This example helps to show how the DE provides
an important and special capability to link message routing terms
(senderRole, receiverRole and keywords) to local jurisdictional domain
knowledge which can be represented in a standard format that enables
mathematically-sound inferencing.  In short, the example highlights that
the DE provides a flexible, standardized method to reuse local
jurisdictional vocabularies which can enable smart routing of emergency
information.)

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=42453

Download Document: