emergency-if message

Subject: Groups - DRAFT-08-02-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc (DRAFT-08-02-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc) uploaded

Please review these minutes from the August 2nd, 2011 meeting of the
Infrastructure Framework subcommittee for approval at our next meeting,
subject to any specified changes. Thanks.

 -- Jeff Waters

The document named DRAFT-08-02-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc
(DRAFT-08-02-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc) has been submitted by Jeff
Waters to the EM Infrastructure Framework SC document repository.

Document Description:
At the August 8th, 2011 meeting of the Infrastructure Framework
subcommittee, the members' discussions included the following topics:

1. TOPIC: Can we recommend that latest drafts of common components be
posted to a common folder so everyone can find them? (Answer: Yes, the
recommendation is that the drafts be posted to the RIM Common Types /
Candidate Common Types folder and that any posting be shared with the EM TC
as a whole. )

2. TOPIC: Should we jumpstart the addition of new common type elements to
and <confidence>? (Answer: Yes, the normal process would begin with
an email to RIM for new items, and then a review by RIM, with a prototype
format and recommendation to EM TC with a week to review and approval;
however, these two items are already in Sitreps and it is felt that we
dont want to hold up Sitreps so well streamline entry of these two items.
)

3. TOPIC: Under our current naming conventions, do we end all xml type
names with Type and for xml element names, we should replace any use of
Type with Kind?  (Answer: Yes, to avoid confusion, the word Type will
be limited to xml type names. The word Kind will be used as needed in xml
element names. )

4. TOPIC: A number of small issues were addressed to help guide the
drafting of the next version of the DE 2.0 working draft.  (a) Lets
continue to use List and Associated Values for ValueListURI type
elements; (b) Reference and dont duplicate data dictionary entries from
the common components; (c) Fix the DistributionReference so that all
elements of the structure are mandatory; (d) an Appendix A Best Practices
would be useful for our larger specs where common components are referenced
in the data dictionary, but they could be explained informally and
demonstrated in the non-normative Appendix A.

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=43065

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/43065/DRAFT-08-02-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc