emergency-if message

Subject: Groups - DRAFT-09-27-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc uploaded

Submitter's message
Please review these minutes from the September 27th meeting of the Infrastructure Framework subcommittee for approval at our next meeting, subject to any specified changes. Thanks.
-- Jeff Waters
Document Name: DRAFT-09-27-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc

Description
At the September 27th, 2011 meeting of the Emergency Management
Infrastructure Framework (IF) Subcommittee, the members discussed the
following topics:

1. TOPIC: Do we have an updated version of the DE 2.0 schema and
specification? (Answer: Yes. A new version of the schema with examples
and specification has been uploaded. It's now time to get more eyes on it.
Please review, add your initials onto the end, make any edits as needed,
and then Jeff will merge. The specification is at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-if/download.php/43676/EDXL-DE-v2.0-wd01f.odt
and the zip file with examples is at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-if/download.php/43675/DE_2.0_schema_ver09_HAVE_Examples.zip
)

2. TOPIC: As we review the updated specification and schema, are there any
particular issues we should consider? (Answer: No major issues, but a few
things to consider include: (1) Are the urgency, severity, and certainty
defaults ok? (2) We need to revisit the COId and refCOId elements which
seem to have been dropped in this latest version; (3) It would be nice to
have an xslt stylesheet or other example of how to parse and show benefits
of the xlink capability to link content objects and descriptors; (4) Jeff
will reorder the data dictionary alphabetically by element within major
sections; (5) What is our explanation to new users as to what goes into the
ExplicitAddressScheme element? (6) Consider the intro sections where
wording was kept from original DE, any changes needed?)

3. TOPIC: Will OASIS have a solution for providing checksums or other
means to ensure that downloads are valid? (Answer: Yes. Martena made the
good suggestion and Robin Cover responded that OASIS has a requirement to
provide such a capability. Other EM TC members expressed their support and
Werner sent an email to Robin on behalf of the RIM subcommittee asking
Robin if he would like to lead this initiative. We'll discuss and follow-up
at the next RIM meeting.)
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Jeff Waters