emergency-if message

Subject: Groups - DRAFT-04-10-12-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee-1.odt uploaded

Submitter's message
Please review these minutes of the April 10th, 2012 meeting of the Infrastructure Framework subcommittee for approval at our next meeting, subject to any specified changes. Thanks.
-- Jeff Waters
Document Name: DRAFT-04-10-12-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee-1.odt

Description
At the April 10th, 2012 meeting of the Infrastructure Framework
Subcommittee, the members discussed the following topics:

1. TOPIC EMFW-21 (Classified/Unclassified defaults) Are we ready to
approve the changes and close this comment? (Answer: No. We still need to
update the data dictionary elements for Confidentiality and
CombinedConfidentiality to mention the change in type to use a ValueList
type and to mention the default values. Also we need to update the diagram
to add a superscript ?d? to these elements to show they have defaults.)

2. TOPIC EMFW-20 (Comments) and EMFW-19 (Maintaining additional element
order) Are we ready to approve that no changes are needed and close these?
(Answer: Yes. The resolution for these was to leave the specification
unchanged because it would be inappropriate and place too much of a burden
on parsers to require maintenance and passing of comments and preservation
of ordering beyond what is required by the XML Schema specification)

3. TOPIC EMFW-18 (Added Section 1.3.4 ?ValueLists and Defaults?) Are we
ready to approve that text as modified and close this issue? (Answer: No.
A few more edits are needed, primarily for cleanup. With these changes, Rex
reviewed and liked the wording. We'll plan to approve and close this issue
next time, once the edited version of the specification is posted.)

4. TOPIC EMFW-17 (Added Section 1.3.5 ?Linking Content Objects and Other
DE Components?) Are we ready to approve that text as modified and close
this issue? (Answer: No. A few more edits are needed, primarily for
cleanup. Jeff has an action item to add a few more examples to give users a
better concept for appropriate role names for the links, e.g. ?isImageOf?
or ?isVideoOf?. We'll review the implemented changes for EMFW-17 for
approval and close the issue as appropriate next time. )

5. TOPIC Prep for next time: Comment EMFW-16 (Move up the Common Types
section) is implemented, EMFW-15 (Use Namespace to Distinguish DE 2.0 from
DE 1.0) required no change and EMFW-14 (Signing) deserves attention.
(Regarding EMFW-14, the location of the ?Other? element is the mechanism by
which the DE 2.0 supports signing. The current location supports the same
use as in DE 1.0 for signing individual content objects, not the entire DE
message itself. (See for example DE_2.0_Example_Appendix_B2.xml in the
uploaded zip pulled from DE 1.0 and converted to DE 2.0 which contains
multiple signed content objects.) We should revisit our earlier discussion,
where we suggested that individual content object signing is more
appropriately left to the users and that the DE 2.0 should only support
signing of the entire DE 2.0 message.)