emergency-if message

Subject: Re: [emergency-if] Groups - DRAFT-06-19-12-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.odt uploaded

> 1.  TOPIC ? Should we remove DistributionReference from the DE 2.0? (Yes,
> the consensus is to remove the DistributionReference to simplify the schema
> and provide a more streamlined mechanism for updating messages by reusing
> the same message id, namely DistributionID. The specification will be
> amended to note that to guarantee uniqueness, one should check both the
> SenderID and the DistributionID. )

A comment on this change.  Performing an Update/Cancel this way is possible, but there are likely to be problematic edge cases.  More importantly though, how will distribution kinds such as Response, Dispatch, Ack, and Error work if they don't have a message to refer to?

--
Jacob Westfall <jake@jpw.biz>