emergency-ms message

Subject: Re: [emergency-ms] updating X.1303 - Common Alerting Protocol

Hi Elysa,

The way the process works at the ITU-T would be
the following:

1) work begun to update X.1303 started at the SG17 meeting,
    Geneva, 8-17 Dec 2010.  This includes assistance from a
    related group of ASN.1 experts to update the associated
    module.  I've already asked for them to begin.
2) revised X.1303 is introduced for consent at the SG17
    meeting, 11-20 April 2011.

It's a fairly lean and fast process, at the end of which
the revision will be authoritatively translated additionally
into Arabic, French, Mandarin, Spanish, and Russian, and
made available for free downloads on Extended Validation
Certificate supported sites.

best,
tony