Subject: CAP 0.9a

Friends -

Attached for your review is an updated draft CAP spec.  I've tried to
include all the notes I've received, but I may have missed some and
it's not impossible that I botched others, so please look it over and
share your follow-up thoughts.

[Rex, I didn't do the full restructuring you recommended on this
pass, but we can discuss that before we go to 1.0.]

Significant changes are as follows:

   * Re-designated document as Working Draft

in Structure of the CAP Alert Message (Section 1.3), the Document
Object Model (Section 3.1), the Data Dictionary (Section 3.2), and
the example in Appendix A.1.

   * Modified definition of <polygon> in the Data Dictionary (Section
3.2) for GML conformance, and amended the examples in Appendix A.

   * Added Implementation Note (Section 3.3.2) warning against
misleading precision in coordinate values

   * Substituted term "required" for "mandatory" in Data Dictionary
(Section 3.2) optionality entries

   * Added context to ISO 11179 delineation in Data Dictionary (Section 3.2)

   * Created separate "alertInfo", "alertInfoResource" and
"alertInfoArea" class designations in Data Dictionary (Section 3.2)

   * Renamed <reference> to <references>

   * Renamed <incident> to <incidents>

   * Redesignated <incidents> as a "group" instead of a "name"

instead of "conditional"

   * Redesignated <category> as "optional"

   * Updated the XML Schema (Section 3.4) to reflect above changes in
Data Dictionary and Object Model

   * Restored the prefix definition in XML Schema (Section 3.4) as
required by some XML validators

Talk with you all on our conference call tomorrow (Tuesday) at 12:30
Eastern time!

- Art

%emergency-CAP-0.9a.pdf

emergency-CAP-0.9a.pdf