[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: EM TC Notifications SC 08-19-03 Meeting Minutes
---- Start SpamAssassin results 11.20 points, 7 required; * 1.5 -- From: does not include a real name * 0.3 -- BODY: HTML font face is not a commonly used face * 1.4 -- BODY: Message is 10% to 20% HTML * 1.0 -- BODY: HTML included in message * 6.0 -- RAW: Message text disguised using base-64 encoding * 0.5 -- Message only has text/html MIME parts * 0.5 -- Message has priority setting, but no X-Mailer ---- End of SpamAssassin results The original message did not contain plain text, and may be unsafe to open with some email clients; in particular, it may contain a virus, or confirm that your address can receive spam. If you wish to view it, it may be safer to save it to a file and open it with an editor.
--- Begin Message ---
- From: CSubatch@eteam.com
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:17:04 -0700--- End Message ---
EM TC Notifications, Messaging and Methods Subcommitee
08-19-03 Meeting Minutes
Cathy M Subatch
- ICS 201
- Issues about CAP Channels conversation
- Contact Structure
- How to deal with feedback/evolution maintenance of our existing standard
- CAP Testing DHS Conference (Jerry)
Currently have three companies that have said they would participate (Blue292, E Team and IEM) in the EJ Krause Global Homeland Security conference.
Issue not just a matter of the $2000 for pavilion. What is it going to cost to stage this testing? What are we going to be testing? Cathy to take action item to discuss with Allen, Rick and Matt Walton (chair of Executive Committee). Will then send email to TC to set up separate meeting to discuss by those interested.
Rex volunteered to prepare graphics if we need them
Track and Process Issues
Art - Problem with public comment posting list invites people to take positions. Then becomes difficult for them to compromise
Eliot do not try to steer the open comment period. During the comment period should feel welcome to contact people offline.
Art if we dont act on recommendation dont want commentator to lose faith.
When comment comes in it is should just be accepted. Working group goes through all the comments and the group addresses each one (if a lot of comments, divided within the group to address). Only comment back would be if comment is not understandable, send email to ask for further explanation.
OGC has editor to deal with comments
David area part of form is most confusing
- Art create a new container that is composed of zero or more areas, or zero or more map sketches.
David something is required and any of those things could go in the bucket. Map sketch is currently a requirement on the form. May be an issue in making sketch electronic. Need to give them something that can be shipped around textual area.
- Walid can we make that part of ICS an attachment?
- Art what you would do with traditional map sketch? It assumes that you have a scanner.
- Walid allow to use software like Paint to make sketch.
- David theres no technical difficulty in doing that. But if we make that a requirement, then if have no way to do that, cant give area information. Must be able to give some area information. To get acceptance, keep threshold low. Want ability to do description but I have in textual formal how to handle?
- Art a lot of the sketches are not going to be able to be registered to a GIS system. Going to be hand-drawn. Technical ideal is some sort of GIS representation.
- Carl equivalent of MIME type of what is attached or what is reference. Or can bundle up geometry or features. Many of those in the field have ability to sketch maps on hand-held devices but definitely want hooks.
- If we have geometry representation and some sort of graphical representation, plus, at minimum a simple text description. Might take text description from CAP and move to location block. May have map sketch or geometry representation or area. Would have text make that mandatory.
- David we need to realize that a text description is not on the ICS form. If you include a map area description is one sentence and if dont include a map area description is more flushed out.
- Walid looking at including one singe map?
- David The asterisks imply multiples. Will allow them to have multiple sketches.
- Art Conventionally an asterisk is a short hand from zero to end not only can it be multiple it can be none.
- Art created area construct in CAP. May want to look at structures we built and see if they need to be tweaked to make more usable.
- Art first criteria. Paper ICS source document able to generate valid ICS XML document.
- David able to take it and reconstitute form. Solving transport layer. Need to know where to put hooks in but if we put too many then wont be used. Must be very clear as to what is required versus what is optional.
- David: Status data dictionary out next meeting and incorporating comments.
Art another document that would be useful is a contact list or roster. Overlaps with organization structure we are talking about for the 201, but may have broader usage.
- David fit well in relationship block. Do we want to broaden 201 to handle or have a separate item
- Art probably want as separate item and refer to it in 201.
Art discussion within TC and EC on how best to interface with our user committee. Put together list of nominee projects.
David have had difficulty in past to get in done but supportive of it. This is something we need to be aware of.
David ICS 201 Data Dictionary
Cathy Send email to TC members about participation in EJ Krause Homeland Security conference discussion of testing criteria, what is involved in participating, etc.
Tuesday August 26th, 9:30 am PDT/12:30pm EDT
Dial in number: 1.800.453.7412
Access code: 604776Cathy M. Subatch
E Team Inc.