Subject: Minutes 5-11-04

Title: Minutes 5-11-04
Minutes for OASIS Emergency Management Messaging and Notifications Meeting 11 May 2004

Meeting Convened: 12:00 p.m. Eastern

Roll:
Gary Ham
Rex Brooks
Art Botterell

Tom Merkle notified the SC that he had a conflicting meeting to attend.

Lack of quorum meant that no substantive decisions could be taken, but we received reports and discussed possible New Business Issues.

1. Old Business:

    A. Report on CAP Newsletter and OASIS Press Release

Rex Brooks reported that the OASIS CAP Press Release went out last week and that the
            Newsletter is due out soon, this week most likely.

      B. Teleconference
               It was reported that until a new source for toll-free teleconferencing is arranged we will
              continue to use FreeConference.com which means that committee members will pay for
              their own long-distance charges to the Las Vegas area code.

     C. Informal update on TC meeting
                The areas covered at the TC meeting last week were briefly discussed, mainly the errata
        decisions/selections.

2. Update on Implementation Guide

        A. Rex reported that he had not received any samples yet from developers. It was also discussed that
            that we should get feedback and suggestions from Kon in regard to broadcast issues and Rex
              reported that he is looking for examples for CAP delivered through telephone trees, and any
             other means for communicating CAP messages.

3. New Business

      A. We discussed the issues related to the implementation guide. Mainly it was clear that a distinction
          needs to be made that CAP is a content protocol, not a transport protocol or API. One way to do
        that is to have distinct sections or chapters for specific transport protocols, such as web
             services using SOAP and WSDL, one-way broadcast, VXML in automated telephone trees, etc.

        B. In the course of these discussions, when the topic of developing registries, similar to the work of
          the GIS SC, that ComCARE is looking to build a registry and we could perhaps work with
          them. Rex said that he could also suggest ways that ComCARE could use other OASIS
               specifications, such as ebXML RIM, UDDI, WSS and HumanMarkup for various aspects of their
               work which is actually somewhat beyond their own scope. Art said he would send Rex the email
            address of David Aylward to contact in regard to these issues.

  C. It was generally agreed, despite the lack of quorum, that suggesting to the overall TC that one of this
              SC's next work products ought to be building a set of requirements for an Emergency
             Management Registry and seek further liaisons in this efforts, starting with ComCARE

Meeting adjourned: 12:30 p.m. Eastern

W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com
Email: rexb@starbourne.com
Tel: 510-849-2309