Subject: EM-Msg Meeting Minutes 5-25-04

Title: EM-Msg Meeting Minutes 5-25-04

EM-Msg SC Meeting Minutes 5-25-04

The meeting convened at 12:00 p.m. EST.

Roll:
Art Botterell
Rex Brooks
Gary Ham
Tom Merkle
Walid Ramadan

1.The minutes for the previous meeting were accepted

Old Business:

2. We discussed the CAP Implementation/Implementor's Guide. Rex mentioned that there had been a fairly healthy response on the TC email list the previous week to his suggestion for developing some kind of Developers Forum. Rex asked Art to present the option he had made in an email. That option was to look at the Partnership for Public Warning's intent to create a Standards Adoption Working Group. Such a group could be explored as a possibility for either hosting or referring CAP implementors to a Developer's Forum. Art said he would keep it in mind as that group works on its organizational details.

Tom Merkle asked if this could be undertaken or included as part of the normal OASIS outreach. Theres was no debate against this notion and the consensus was that it makes sense to explore it.

Art also said that he is seeing a lot of issues, such as identity authorization which was discussed on the    TC list the previous week, moving into the realm of infrastructure, so we might want to refer such issues to that SC.

Note: as part of exploring this option, it was discovered that OASIS has a process set up for exactly this. In fact, in an exchange of emails with Allen, it turns out that he actually suggested this in an email March 23, 2004

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200403/msg00054.html

The specific part of the OASIS TC guidelines where this is detailed is:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/guidelines.php#maillists

"...TCs that have an approved Committee Draft can request the creation of a public implementers' forum list (a "dev" list)...."

This is being set up by OASIS, so we will have an Implementor's list soon, and we can send out notices to all of the contacts we have made for firms and agencies that are or will be developing CAP applications or applications which implement CAP as part of their functionality.

3. As part of the discussion on what should be the next work products of the SC, Rex mentioned that he has been receiving requests for information on compliance and conformance, so he asked that we include that as part of the next work products to be discussed.

It was discussed and some general consensus formed that working on requirements for such needs is the next step to take.

New Business:

4. The discussion about a Developer's Forum reached the decision that we should suggest it to the TC, and, as noted above, this has now been instituted.

The meeting adjourned at 12:30 p.m. EST.
W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com
Email: rexb@starbourne.com
Tel: 510-849-2309
Fax: By Request