Subject: EM-Msg Meeting Minutes 07-20-04

Title: EM-Msg Meeting Minutes 07-20-04
Hi Folks,

Sorry I'm a bit late with this, but here are the minutes for the last EM-Msg SC, with the usual disclaimer asking for corrections where I may have erred:

EM-Msg SC Meeting Minutes 7-20-04

The meeting convened at 12:00 p.m. EST.

Roll:
Art Botterell
Rex Brooks
Gary Ham
Tom Merkle
Carl Reed
Kon Wilms

No specific agenda was posted, Largely, we discussed update reports, the proposed new IPR initiative floated by OASIS recently and topics related to either the CAP developer List, next workproduct ideas and CAP adoption promotion.

Old Business:

1. Kon brought up the current status of errata versus next verison of CAP, pointing to the email he had posted on the results of specific schema validaton testing. He reviewed his results. This can be reviewed at http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200407/msg00017.html This can be discussed at the next TC meeting.

2. In the context of next workproduct ideas, the issues of identity management and registries were both discussed in relation to a request that Art and/or Gary agreed to make to ComCARE Alliance for them to make a brief presentation on their work in EPAD, Emergency Providers Access Directory, specifically in relation to settling on an Identity Authentication and Authorization Policy. We need this so we can use it in our own discussions about forming a policy and building a requirements document for what we think we need to do in the realm of notifications and messaging. This is scheduled for the next EM-Msg Meeting.

This was also prompted by the carryover from the GIS Meeting on the topic of OGC's Digital Rights Management and Access Control work that Carl outlined in that meeting.

3. Also in the context of next workproduct ideas, we discussed EPAD and further consideration of NIMS work in relation to how we might think about constructing a set of requirements for EM Registries. In particular, we discussed the development Art mentioned of a DXL, Data Exchange Language, (which I very well may be mischaracterizing--I'm not sure I captured it correctly) that could perform mappings for terms between languages in a way that will allow queries for discovering such information as what forms of Identity Authentication are used by an organization that would be listed in a registry such as EPAD, as well as other considerations that could included either within WSDL or in an appropriate adaptation or extension of a WSDL-like description of properties.

4. Other than considering what we need to do for collecting requirements for registries, we basically agreed that the place to start will be with UDDI and ebXML.

New Business:

1. Since I was unable to find the OASIS email that Art referred to, I will ask that the issue of the discussion of the proposed new IPR issues of RAND, Reasonable Appropriate (Accessible?) Non-Disriminatory Royalty policy with other categories such as Royalty-Free Restricted, etc, be explained by someone who knows more, and if we can get a forwarded copy of the specific email.

The meeting adjourned at 12:30 p.m. EST.

--

Regards,
W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com