Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] Meeting Tomorrow

Rex,
There is an EDXL summit taking place tomorrow under DHS DM sponsorship. The meeting should provide clarification on EDXL interaction and direction. I'll try to run the GJXDM and EDXL in EDIFIX later this week or early next week to see if we can automate the comparisons. If successful I'll put the IEEE 1512 & CAP 1.1 into the mix and submit results.
I'll be attending the Collaborative workshop # 38 next Tuesday (Feb 22nd) so the IF SC will not hold the teleconference call on that day.

Regards,

Tom Merkle

CapWIN:        www.capwin.org
Phone:          (301) 614-3720
Cell Phone:   (240) 375-1966
Fax:               (301) 614-0581
e-mail:           tmerkle@capwin.org

CapWIN
6305 Ivy Lane Suite 300
Capital Office Park
Greenbelt, MD 20770

From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 8:43 PM
To: emergency-msg@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [emergency-msg] Meeting Tomorrow

Hi Folks,

Since I was out of town last week, I could use a refresher on where we are with our work. Are we close to ready to have a vote on CAP 1.1? I haven't seen any minutes from last week's TC meeting, and for my part, I'm ready to divvy up the brute force approach to GJXDM in a side by side comparison with CAP to determine where any potential conflicts might be or simple differences that we can offer best practice advice for addressing through specifying cases where one namespace or the other is recommended. This also should set the stage for making sure that we avoid problem areas with EDXL. For those who don't know, this very topic is the central theme of the next Collaboration Expedition Workshop (as well as recent email thread):

See Venue Logistics after arriving at hyperlink ftarget below for telecon info Monday Feb. 22 and for screen sharing info.