Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] Update: Change day of week (& Time?) request; was Sorry I was late, I'm on now

Everyone,

Regarding the day of week change, that was my request because I have a long
term personal commitment on Tuesday evenings.  As suggested below, if the
call were moved to 5:00 EST, no problem.  Otherwise I would like to propose
the call happen on either Wednesday or Thursday of the meeting week.

Thanks,

Tim Grapes
Evolution Technologies, Inc.
Disaster Management egov Initiative
Science and Technology Directorate/OIC
Department of Homeland Security
Office:  (703) 654-6075
Mobile:  (703) 304-4829
tgrapes@evotecinc.com
tim.grapes@associates.dhs.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 7:50 PM
To: emergency-msg@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [emergency-msg] Update: Change day of week (& Time?) request; was
Sorry I was late, I'm on now

Hi Everyone,

I stayed on the line long enough for Renato to join me and we had a
short discussion. I sounded him out about an observation that jumped
out at me during last week's Semantic Interoperability for
E-Government Conference. I think one of the largely unnoticed
problems that cropped up during the EDXL_DE process is that at some
points we were confusing or conflating a Reference Information Model
(RIM) with a Document Object Model. What we were doing was a
DOM-based specification, as is EDXL_RM, but the overall EDXL effort
needs to have a RIM, IMHO.

So I wanted to start that discussion on the TC list which I will do
under a separate message to keep that thread to itself on the overall
TC list, since I also believe that effort belongs at that level, not
the SC level.

Renato also informed me that there was a suggestion that it would be
more convenient for some of us to move the day to Wednesday or
Thursday, and I wanted to say that either are fine with, and if I
wasn't scheduled to be traveling to and participating in the Fourth
National Medical Banking Institute, I would offer to schedule another
meeting next week, which would synch this meeting up the  TC meeting.

We can conduct that discussion here, so I made it explicit in the
Subject Line, so we can find it in the email archives. I would prefer
Thursday. Renato suggested that we could also change the time to 5:00
p.m. Eastern Time, if that would make it easier for East Coast
statesiders, and that is also perfectly fine with me.

Last item: Today was proof that we definitely need a co-chair. I
could not have known that I would be delayed, so I couldn't have
given a heads up. It's been one of those days, with a large outage in
Illinois that seriously disrupted a bout of distributed, bi-coastal
and mountain region, proposal writing, and there's just no knowing
when something like that will happen, and our deadline was 11:00 a.m.
Eastern Time tomorrow. As a flight attendance once remarked as we
were preparing for departure and the overhead racks were filled to
bursting, "Watch out ... shift happens."

That's no excuse, of course, but we've all been there.

So, please consider volunteering for the co-chair seat.

Regards,'
Rex

My deepest apologies,

I was held up, but I finally got connected. I am on now, fwiw. I will
hold on till the bottom of the hour, 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time.

Again. My apologies,