Subject: Next Resource Messaging call - June 15

Hi Everyone,

The San Francisco meeting threw our schedule off track a bit, but Rex has helped us get back in sync.  The meeting schedule going forward is:

  • (June 13 – cancelled)
  • June 15 at 5:00 PM EDT and on those Thursdays every 4 weeks going forward.
  • June 27 at 12:30 (piggybacking on the regular TC call going forward)

The meetings will be in synch with the regular TC meetings, alternating between Tuesday and Thursday.

For the June 15 call, I would like to request that you take some time prior to pre-review the documents / artifacts published from the San Francisco face to face meetings – particularly the Issues list and the RM elements to messages matrix (RM elements-to-Message05.22.06.xls).  To maintain productivity and momentum, we would like to walk through your questions, recommendations and issues.  We didn’t take the time to try to get the matrix “right”.  The point was to have a format laid out that can be used as target practice and finalized.

On the last call (May 25), Gary and Renato discussed a method to then flesh out the RM specification document applying only a single URN (“reference schema”), with individual messages or “constraint schemas” defined below it (the completed matrix acts as the “spec” to write each individual RM message).  The approach discussed allows XML validation without requiring a separate namespace for each message.

I see that Carl has submitted a proposal as well (I haven't had the chance to review).  I suggest we tackle that after we complete review of the matrix and have action items laid out.

Please let Rex and I know if you have any comments or concerns.

Thanks,

Tim Grapes

Evolution Technologies, Inc.
Disaster Management egov Initiative