Subject: Minutes for EM-Msg SC Mtg -08-14-06

Hi Everyone,

Here are the Minutes of our last meeting, and I also uploaded it to
the document repository.

EM-Msg Meeting August 14, 2006 Minutes

Roll:
Voting Members:
Rex Brooks,
Tim Grapes,
PattiAymond,
Gary ham,
Michelle Raymond,

We had a quorum, and the minutes for the previous meeting were
accepted. It was also noted that no email messages had been entered
into the email archives since July 31, 2006, and we will keep an eye
on that so that we can reconstruct our process documents if necessary.

For brevity:
MessageTypes are denoted by boldface: Release Resource;
Message Element Categories are denoted by bolditalic: ResourceInfo
Message Elements are denoted by double quotation marks: "Release
Resource"; and,
Values for Message Elements will be denoted by Upper Camel Case Letter:
		Mandatory:	M;
		Conditional:	C;
		Optional:	O.

Agenda:

  1 We continued working through the EDXL_RM Message Elements to
Message Types Matrix

  1.1 Response to Unsolicited Resource was eliminated because other
Message Types cover the necessary purposes of this message. We remain
open to reintroducing it, if a necessity is identified.

  1.2 "OwningJurisdiction" and the three other Ownership-related
Message Elements:
Owner,
HomeDispatch and
HomeUnit
(requested by the Wildfire community) were grouped together in their
own category: OwnerInfo following Resource and ResourceType.

  1.3 "AnticipatedIncidentAssignment" was renamed to
"AnticipatedFunction" because the former term could be confused with
identifying the incident in which the resource would be used, rahter
than the function it would perform, and the term is defined as the
anticipated function, task, job or role to be provided by the
requested resource.

  1.4 Release Resource was determined to be only a notification
announcement, not an operational message, thus carrying no
information about how or when the resource would be returned to the
owner of the resource, nor any other change in the deployment of the
resource.

  	1.4.1 Under ResourceInfo "Price Quote" and "Availability"
were changed to N/A.

	 1.4.2 Under ResourceLocation, "RequestedLocation,"
ReportToLocation" and "ArrivalLocation" were changed to N/A.

  	1.4.3 Under RequestResponse "Response" and "Response Reason"
were changed to N/A.

  	1.4.4 Under ResourceSchedule "RequestedArrivalDateTime,"
"CommittedDateTime" and "ActualArrivalDateTime" were changed to N/A.

	 1.4.5 Under ResourceSchedule "EstimatedDepartureDateTime"
was changed to O.

  1.5  Request Return

  	1.5.1 Under ResourceInfo "InventoryRefreshDateTime," "Price
Quote" and "Availability" were changed to N/A.

  	1.5.2 Under ResourceLocation "RequestedLocation" was changed to M.

	 1.5.3 Under ResourceSchedule  "RequestedArrival" was changed
to O, "AvailableDateTime," "CommittedDateTime,"
"ActualDepartureDateTime" and "EstimatedReturnDateTime" were changed
to N/A.

  1.6 Response to Request Return

  	1.6.1 Under ResourceInfo "InventoryRefreshDateTime" and
"PriceQuote" were changed to N/A, while "Availability" and
"DeploymentStatus" were changed to M.

  	1.6.2 Under ResourceLocation "DepartureLocation" was changed to O.

  	1.6.3 Under RequestResponse "Response was changed to M,
"ResponseReason" was changed to C.

	 1.6.4 Under ResourceSchedule "AnticipatedReturnDateTime" was
changed to C, "AvailableDateTime," "ActualDeparturneDateTime" and
"ActualArrivalDateTime" were changed to N/A.

  1.7 Request Quote was carefully compared to Request Resource so that
they are consistent where required and carefully defined where not
equivalent in values.

  	1.7.1 Under ResourceInfo "Availability,
"NavigationInstructions," "ReportingInstructions" and
"DeploymentStatus" were changed to N/A.

  	1.7.2 Under ResourceLocation "DepartureLocation" and
"CurrentLocation" were changed to N/A, and "RequestedLocation" was
changed to O.

  	1.7.3 Under RequestResponse "Response" and "ResponseReason"
was changed to N/A.

  	1.7.4 Under ResourceSchedule "RequestedArrivalDateTime" was
changed to O, "AvailableDateTime," "CommittedDateTime,"
"EstimatedDepartureDateTime," "ActualDepartureDateTime,"
"EstimatedArrivalDateTime" and "ActualArrivalDateTime" were changed
to N/A.

  1.8  Response to Request Quote

  	1.8.1 Under ResourceInfo "Quantity" and "PriceQuote" were
changed to C, "Availability" was changed to O, and
"ReportingInstructions" was changed to N/A.

  	1.8.2 Under ResourceLocation "CurrentLocation" was changed to
C, "RequestedLocation" was changed to O, and"RouteLocation" was
changed to N/A.

  	1.8.3 Under RequestResponse "Response" was changed to M, and
"ResponseReason" was changed to C.

  	1.8.4 Under ResourceSchedule "RequestedArrivalDateTime" was
changed to O, "EstimatedDepartureDateTime" was changed to C,
"ActualDepartureDateTime" and "ActualArrivalDateTime" were changed to
N/A.

  1.9 Request Resource Deployment Status

	 1.9.1 Under ResourceInfo "PriceQuote," "Availability" and
"DeploymentStatus" were changed to N/A.

  	1.9.2 Under RequestResponse "Response" and "ResponseReason"
were changed to N/A.

  1.10 Notify Resource Deployment Status

	 1.10.1 Under ResourceInfo "DeploymentStatus" was changed to M.

	 1.10.2 There is a question about RequestResponse since this
is a Response Message Type and the only Message Element that changed
was "DeploymentStatus" and it could be thought that a ResponseReason
should be required if " DeploymentStatus" is unknown for some reason.
However, we left both values at O.

The meeting adjourned.