Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] DOM?

Renato,

See my comments below.

Patti

From: Renato Iannella [mailto:renato@nicta.com.au]
Sent: Mon 8/21/2006 10:57 PM
To: Emergency_Mgt_Msg_SC
Subject: [emergency-msg] DOM?

The "DOM" needs some fixing:

1 - since the cardinality is defined per message type, there should not be any mandatory/conditional fields
on the generic model
[Patti - Some elements are manditory or conditional for all message types. I think that needs to be reflected in the "DOM". As a system architect, I would like to include "DOM"s for each of the message types that show what is manditory and conditional for that message type.]

2 - DOM is not the correct term to use, as a DOM is an "API to parsing structured information"
Can we just call it the "Resource Messaging Model" ?
[Patti - I haven't understood the use of "DOM" either, but it may be an OASIS thing that we can't get away from. What about "Resource Messaging Data Model"?]

3 - We had previous discussion on the 'hybrid-model" - there is not that much difference now, only the schedule info
are all group together and the response has explicit accept/decline/reason elements.
[Patti - I personally think the "DOM" should be changed to match the "hybrid-model" in most respects, but I think we need to dicuss it as a SC.]

Comments?

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
National ICT Australia (NICTA)

This email and any attachments may be confidential. They may contain legally
privileged information or copyright material. You should not read, copy,
use or disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact us at once by return email and then delete both
messages. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus,
data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised
amendment. This notice should not be removed.