Subject: Minutes from Meeting 10-03-06

Hi Everyone,

Here are the Minutes of our next-to-last meeting,

EM-Msg Meeting October 3, 2006 Minutes

Roll:
Voting Members:
Rex Brooks,
Tim Grapes,
PattiAymond,
Gary Ham

We had a quorum.

Agenda:

1 Minutes of previous meeting accepted with minor change in date

2 We reviewed the HAVE Specification, and decided to address the most
substantive issues from comments made by Renato in the public comment
period, and specifically schedule a session to walk through all
issues to ensure that we are comfortable with the last adjustments in
the version we move to re-submit to OASIS for public comment.

  3 We decided to recommend having a Face-to-Face meeting in
Washington, D.C. In the first or second week of November pending
arrangements to wrap up the EDXL_RM and, if time permits review
pending additional specifications and the methodology for submitting
them to the TC.

A brief discussion of the overarching view of EDXL suggested by Tim
on the basis of the idea of re-engaging the practioners' group to get
a handle on possible new specifications included reviewing the
concept of a Reference Model or Reference Information Model such as
Renato and Rex have proposed and discussed previously. It was
generally agreed that the time may be coming for that effort.

In more specific terms, Tim and Rex agreed to take the discussion of
a potential new specification regarding Situational Awareness offline
for now.

The meeting adjourned.