Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] Pre-Face-to-Face Meeting Looks unlikely

Tim,

I agree that we not eat up F2F time discussing tools. I think we need to
either pick one or have those doing the "DOM" editing use the one(s)
they're most comfortable with. The second approach will limit the
ability to share editing responsibility for single "DOM"s, but it's how
we've done it in the past.

Patti

Patti Iles Aymond, PhD
Senior Scientist, Research & Development
Innovative Emergency Management, Inc.
Managing Risk in a Complex World

8555 United Plaza Blvd.   Suite 100
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
(225) 952-8228 (phone)
(225) 952-8122 (fax)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Grapes [mailto:tgrapes@evotecinc.com]
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 8:21 AM
To: 'Rex Brooks'; 'Renato Iannella'; 'Emergency_Mgt_Msg_SC'

All,
I recommend we do not defer a tool decision, and we should not spend
cycles
in the FtoF discussing this.  We have a specific urgent need and a lot
of
work to do.  Let's get the diagrams and the spec done and in public
comment,
and then raise the tool discussion up to the TC (or maybe OASIS
overall?) to
consider the benefits of applying a single UML tool.

Thanks,
Tim