Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] TriiageCount needs Triage

Patti,

the problem is that the structure as not defined is hard coded as a type with 4 elements named after the colors and an integer value "number of" associated with the elements.

We could choose to soft code the colors (allowing multiple source references in a list with  a numeric count associated with each soft code).  That would make it doable, but we would lose the sense of completeness in the current type structure.
Or we could make the Type structure the Coded item, instead to the elements (I think we are doing so for resource) , but that would mean adding an "any" to the top level schema with the type reference defining what the "any" should look like.  If we have no other options, that is what I will propose.

R/s

Gary A. Ham

Senior Research Scientist

Battelle Memorial Institute

540-288-5611 (office)

703-869-6241 (cell)

"If nobody uses it, it ain't a standard."

From: Aymond, Patti [mailto:Patti.Aymond@iem.com]
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 2:32 PM
To: Ham, Gary A; emergency-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

Gary,

What if you used values such as

“1 Red”

“2 Yellow”

“3 Green”

“4 Black”?

Would that work?

Patti

Patti Iles Aymond, PhD
Senior Scientist, Research & Development
Innovative Emergency Management, Inc.
Managing Risk in a Complex World

8555 United Plaza Blvd.   Suite 100
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
(225) 952-8228 (phone)
(225) 952-8122 (fax)

I am having trouble using the Valuelist urn concept for TriageCount as we suggested.  The problem is of course that "value" (red,yellow,green, black) also has a value: an integer. This is more similar to what we contemplate for resource type structure than it is to our simple valuelist urn concept.  (Or do I have my head on wrrong this afternoon?)

Suggestions?

Gary A. Ham

Senior Research Scientist

Battelle Memorial Institute

540-288-5611 (office)

703-869-6241 (cell)

"If nobody uses it, it ain't a standard."

IEM CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION PLEASE READ OUR NOTICE:
http://www.iem.com/e_mail_confidentiality_notice.html