Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] TriiageCount needs Triage

Title: RE: [emergency-msg] TriiageCount needs Triage
As I recall, our decision was to make this a ValueListType optional element where an implementation either cites its own reference and uses the values contained in a maintained triage listing, or accepts and uses the default we offer. So for our default, I believe that what Patti suggests is fine. It is important that we make the distinction clear so no one mistakes the default for some accepted global standard. To enforce that we should include a reference to other systems, while explaining that implementations need to cite a valid urn, so that the need for other organizations, such as the Red Cross to publish and maintain publicly available values in a values list that can be reliably referenced.

P.S. I got an offer from Dr. Peter Elkin, at Mayo Clinic to help with HAVE if we want to ask. Peter is the chair of the International health Continuum TC and a leader in HITSP, which includes HAVE as a recommended standard.