Subject: JIEM-EDXL-NIEM-NIMS

Hi Everyone,

Pertinent to the TC call yesterday we thought we would share the attached 3-page whitepaper discussing the core issue in philosophy and approach to interoperability between EDXL and NIEM.  It contains a specific proposed solution and plan of action developed with DM, Paul Embley representing NIEM at that time, and ties back to the presentation provided by Lee to the TC in San Diego

This was drafted several months ago but provides food for further discussion rather than starting from scratch.  JIEM is a good tool and this isn’t specific to JIEM, but we need to look at its focus on the overall GJ/NIEM approach and the fact that it doesn’t address adherence to an overall reference schema.

Thanks,

Tim

EDXL-NIEM_ExternalStdsV2.doc