Subject: RE: Getiing Ready!

Title: Re: Getiing Ready!

Woks for me.

Gary A. Ham

http://grandpaham.com

703-899-6241

Grandpa can do IT!

From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 12:26 PM
To: Gary Ham; Tim Grapes; Rex Brooks; ejones@warningsystems.com
Cc: emergency-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

Thanks Gary and Merry Christmas to All,

As far as I know we've only used EA for the diagrams, not specifically for datamodeling.

I am still preparing a revision for the face-to-face rev. 007. I have attached it to this message because it has the most up-to-date schemas and diagrams. The main changes remaining are those that Tim made, and I'm hoping we can decide about those before the face-to-face so as to reduce the total amount of work that will need to be done on the document at the face-to-face, at least in terms of the action items which we have assigned thus far.

I would like to schedule a meeting for the 27th, at which we could coordinate this. It would be worth doing even if we three were the only ones to show up, but I would be willing to bet that Alessandro would attend since I believe he is back from his vacation.

My own participation in the face to face is still in doubt because I can't guarantee that I will have sufficient funds in my bank account to allow me to check in to the hotel. I made it clear that I could not cover out of pocket costs and wait for reimbursement, and Elysa assured me that either she would front these costs or EIC would, but as of last Friday the travel service selected by SRA had not actually booked my flight or hotel because they could not be assured that I would be able to cover the cost of the hotel. That was their choice not mine. I gave them the go ahead to use my card to reserve the hotel, but made it clear that I might not be able to check in. The only upfront costs being covered is the actual travel. I can probably afford my meals, though I may need to bring my own food if the only other food source is that available from the hotel.

However, I am going to assume that this will be worked out and continue to prepare. If worst comes to worst, I will have to participate remotely. I spent last December and January sweating reimbursement of the entire cost for the last face-to-face and even the anticipation of such problems is already adversely affecting my health. Irritable bowel syndrome has made the last two weeks miserable. There are other factors unrelated to the face-to-face though not unrelated to EDXL-RM, of course, but I will spare you those details.

I realize this is more information than anyone else really needs, but it is a factor that may need to be considered since my ability to withstand this brinksmanship is not guaranteed. Suffice it to say that I'm just hanging on and hoping this will work out.  We got through the near loss of EvoTec, and I assume we will get through this, too.

So please reply with your availability for a meeting at the regular time, 12:00 EST Dec. 27, 2007