Subject: RE: Getiing Ready!

Title: RE: Getiing Ready!
Thanks Gary,

Will do.

At 9:50 AM -0500 12/29/07, Gary Ham wrote:
Folks,

One more typo to correct in the schemas:

In line 3267 - " Provisional"  should read "Provisional"  ( take out the space after the first quote; it screws our the validation process.)

Gary A. Ham
http://grandpaham.com
703-899-6241
Grandpa can do IT!

From: Gary Ham [mailto:hamgva@cox.net]
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2007 9:46 AM
To: 'emergency-msg@lists.oasis-open.org'
Cc: 'ejones@warningsystems.com'

Folks,

I made changes to a copy of the schemas and examples to reduce the number of name spaces from 20 to 2.  Basically, there is a namespace for the Common types schema and a namespace for the message reference schema.  The message reference schema namespace is reused for all of the separate message types.  It works successfully.  To put this change in the document requires a 2 line change to each and every schema and example XML file in the document (or you can cut and paste my files into the document in their entirety).

The question is, does this change make sense?  The original consensus of the group was that a separate name space made sense for each message.  On the other hand, all of the messages use terminology for their tags that is derived from THE SAME REFERENCE SCHEMA. Why should that schema not set the name space for all of its derived messages?  So, my suggestion is to make the two line changes. In my mind, it reduces complexity and has a logical basis as well.

I did not try to go to a single namespace for the messages and common types because the types are imported, as opposed to being actually form the same reference source in a restriction sense.  It alos keeps them encapsulated, so they could be reused in the future.

Example of the required change is as follows:

In the Commit Resource Message schema: