Subject: Re: [emergency-msg] Fwd: CAP spec questions

> meeting, we can approach this a few ways. However, I think we should
> take this up either at a special meeting, which I don't favor, or
> during our next regularly scheduled meeting, postponing a TC vote
> until we resolve these issues.

Either way is fine with me.  Don't want to cause any headaches with this, just trying to be thorough.  Although a friend who runs a proof-reading business still manages to find mistakes in stuff I think looks good, so there could be other little errors I missed...

> -change the schema to specify that only 1 (one) EncryptedData element
> is allowed, AND change 3.3.2 Security Note appropriately (we need the
> language here);

In 1.1 the schema didn't reflect 3.3.3 at all since the XMLSEC elements were missing.  So this change is part of bringing the schema in line with 3.3.3  The first draft of 1.2 allowed 1 EncryptedData element and 1 Signature element.  The next draft allowed multiple elements for both since there was a request to doubly sign messages.  It was my mistake to allow multiples for both.  The original text was clear in that only 1 EncryptedData element can be present in a message.

I also tested the schema, included CAP examples, and some encrypted/signed messages using a number of different schema validators to double check there are no further concerns.

> Question to all: Should we go through Data Dictionary and either put
> periods at end of all sentences, or leave as is? (If no one has
> brought it up before now, it certainly isn't earth-shattering, but we
> might as well be consistent.)

I have cleaned up punctuation by trying to enforce some consistency.  In the data dictionary, periods appear at the end of all standalone sentences, and numbered entries.  Value list entries where there is something like List: "Foo" - description  do not have periods at the end.  It could be argued that commas, periods, or nothing would be acceptable here.  Other things like "tag" have been changed to <tag> where appropriate, the use of brackets and missing quotes have been cleaned up as well.  Some whitespace removed as well which I think creeped in due to Word's "track changes" having been on.

--
jake@jpw.biz