Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] SitRep Issue

I sent a direct reply essentially saying the same thing – there is a requirement, but the intention was to use the DE distribution type “Request” – though we need to discuss  how  the recipient knows “what” is being requested…

Thanks,

Tim Grapes

Evotec

703-304-4829

From: McGarry, Donald P. [mailto:dmcgarry@mitre.org]
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 7:46 AM
To: 'rex.brooks@ncoic.org'; 'emergency-msg@lists.oasis-open.org'

So I'll say that I don't think we need this. Having a request message implies a req/reply messaging implementation and does not coincide with the conops of filling out ics forms or sit rep reports. This capability could be handled by sending a de with the dist type of request or through other implementation specific mechanisms. At this point I am wary of adding anything else to this spec as it is already pretty hefty.
Thanks!
Don McGarry
The MITRE Corp.
dmcgarry@mitre.org