Subject: CAP vs. IPAWS Profile Potential area issue

Folks,

I have been doing some research into what our specs seem to be saying, and I have run into a kind of odd anomaly.

It appears that the IPAWS Profile spec is in conflict with the CAP spec with regard to <area>.  CAP calls for the union of all area elements as the warning area.  The Profile is calling for polygons/circle as a refinement of the more grossly defined geocode.  hmmm.............?

Gary Ham
http://grandpaham.com
703-899-6241