Subject: Reminder: Meeting tomorrow

Hi Everyone,

After having just missed one of my own meetings, not in OASIS, my
awareness of meetings is a bit amplified, so I wanted to send a
reminder that we have our regular meeting scheduled at Noon Eastern
Time. You should check the SC page and click on the meeting in the
left-hand column for the details, or go straight to the calendar and
get to the meeting into that way.

I would really appreciate it if you could make an effort to attend,
if you can. I realize that there is an overlap with the CAP-Profiles
SC, and I don't want to pull anyone away from that work, if that's
what you need to be doing. However, this work is also needed, more
than ever with the approval of EDXL-RM and EDXL-HAVE. We need to
provide the reference resources for all of the EDXL Family, including
the upcoming Sit Reps work.

Perhaps the most critical need is to provide support for wider
understanding of the Information Sharing principles shared by the
EDXL family starting with EDXL-DE and the concept of managed lists.
This is what we need local jurisdictions to be doing now if possible,
or this year at least.

We need to make it as easy to understand as possible by providing the
abstract conceptual underpinning, explained in as straightforward and
down-to-earth a way as we can so that local fire department personnel
can understand and use it without rolling their eyes.

So if we start by using an example like a list of facilities and
equipment with which they're familiar, we can make an immediate
connection with what they understand and work with every day. This is
the kind of thing that all jurisdictions have. So if we show how to
make that list available for the fire department in a neighboring
county, parish or town to use in a request for resources by
publishing it, the connection should then be easier to make. Then,
when we say that we need lists of job position names, incident
command structures, radio frequencies used, etc, the reason why its
important to publish and maintain those lists shouldn't need to be
repeated, at least we hope not.

Cheers,
Rex Brooks
President, CEO