Subject: Reminder: Meeting today

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to send out a reminder about tody's meeting and to draw your
attention to an outline of conceptual requirements that I started as a
straw-man and a starting point for us to build an inclusive framework of
what should be included in the overall RIM architecture. I uploaded this
intentionally incomplete document titled:
EDXL-RIM-ConcptlReqtsSummary(RB)-01.doc and it is available in our SC
Documents  at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-rim/download.php/33470/EDXL-RIM-ConcptlReqtsSummary%28RB%29-01.doc

I discussed it briefly with Dave Ellis, and I know he had some specific
questions and additions, and I want to emphasize that the purpose of
this is to get us started on nailing down the overall architecture of
the work.

I haven't broken it down into formal UML views, viewpoints and models,
largely because this architecture refers to the internal structure of
this effort for us perhaps even more than our audiences. This includes
the development, as Werner suggested, of an ontology or ontologies as we
work on both the non-technical educational explanations of what the RIM
is intended to provide and the technical specification of the specific
items, such as the first major technical mechanism we tackle in
discussing the EDXL-DE, the ValueListURN-Value/Keyword mechanism.

My contention is that we need to address both in a unified way,
explaining the RIM to the technical and non-technical audience because
we need both.

Cheers,

Rex Brooks
President, CEO