Subject: Groups - DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-MtgNotes-09-09-2010 (DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-MtgNotes-09-09-2010.doc) uploaded

Please review these minutes from today's meeting of the RIM subcommittee
(9/9/10) for approval at our next meeting, subject to any specified
changes. Thanks.

 -- Jeff Waters

The document named DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-MtgNotes-09-09-2010
(DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-MtgNotes-09-09-2010.doc) has been submitted by Jeff
Waters to the EM Reference Information Model SC document repository.

Document Description:
At today's meeting, the members discussed the following topics:

How best can we utilize an interoperability testbed to
explore/educate/motivate use of EDXL? (Answer: One concept being explored
is establishing  the southwest region as an EDXL Hotspot.  Collaboration
with partners is important and a testbed can help bring people together to
explore, learn and try these  standards.)

Does an ontology make sense as one of three main deliverables for RIM?
(Answer: Yes. Recommendation is to use Protege as a free, open-source
ontology development tool and to reference the upper ontologies that
provide the foundation for our ontology.)

 Should we have a common types repository and submission process? (Answer:
The submission process and repository are good ideas but we need to balance
this with clear distinction between what has been formally approved and
what has not, to ensure the work is not misrepresented or misused.
Suggestion is that we need to define the process better to balance the
formal and informal. )

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=39270

Download Document: