Subject: Groups - DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-MtgNotes-02-24-2011.doc (DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-MtgNotes-02-24-2011.doc) uploaded

Please review these minutes from the Reference Information Model (RIM)
Subcommittee from February 24, 2011 for approval at our next meeting,
subject to any specified changes. Thanks.

 -- Jeff Waters

The document named DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-MtgNotes-02-24-2011.doc
(DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-MtgNotes-02-24-2011.doc) has been submitted by Jeff
Waters to the EM Reference Information Model SC document repository.

Document Description:
At today's meeting, the members discussed the following topics:

1. Do we have a well-defined proposed process for development, approval,
and access to common types? (Answer: Yes, Werner has the process diagramed
and it includes discovery, development, access and integration of common
types. Version 3 of the diagram can be found at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41262/ctProcess_rev3.png
Currently, Werner has an official template for documenting the Common Types
and will be the Editor. Action Item: Jeff and Werner will begin documenting
the Common Types next week.)

2. Do new common type components need to be included in a larger
specification (like Sitreps or DE), and go through that larger
specification's public approval process, prior to being approved as a
committee specification draft and stored in the OASIS publicly-available
docs repository? (Answer: Good question.  We're not sure. We'll schedule a
meeting with Robin Cover to discuss. Werner was thinking Yes and so his
process diagram reflects this.  We were hoping the common types would only
need TC approval, not public approval, so we could update them easily and
quickly. Rex noted that committee specification drafts do not need to go
through public review.  Action Item: Jeff will email Robin Cover and see if
he can attend our next RIM meeting to discuss this question. The question
is whether a committee specification draft can be placed in the OASIS docs
repository where it is accessible to the public and can support a stable
namespace resolution process or whether this is not possible unless the
draft moves through the public review process to become a committee
specification.)

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=41270

Download Document: