Subject: Groups - DRAFT-05-19-11-Minutes-RIM-Subcommittee.doc (DRAFT-05-19-11-Minutes-RIM-Subcommittee.doc) uploaded

Please review these notes from the Reference Information Model Subcommittee
meeting of May 19th, 2011 for approval at our next meeting, subject to any
specified changes. Thanks.

 -- Jeff Waters

The document named DRAFT-05-19-11-Minutes-RIM-Subcommittee.doc
(DRAFT-05-19-11-Minutes-RIM-Subcommittee.doc) has been submitted by Jeff
Waters to the EM Reference Information Model SC document repository.

Document Description:
Here are the draft minutes from the May 19th, 2011 meeting of the Reference
Information Model (RIM) Subcommittee. The members discussed the following
topics:

1.  TOPIC: How is the RIM helping to facilitate interoperability among EDXL
and other standardization efforts, such as the Tactical Situation Object
(TSO) ?  (Answer: The RIM will consider the use of ontologies to map terms
from EDXL to other standards, including the Tactical Situation Object and
the Australian CAP profile.)

2.  TOPIC: How do we respond to the tradeoff between reusing other
standards, such as Customer Information Quality (CIQ) and OGC Simple
Features,  and the additional complexity potentially introduced?  (Answer:
Initially it seems more complex but in the long run, it makes things
easier. Although education can help, it's also possible to create
components, like ontologies mapping code lists, that just work without
requiring everyone to be an expert. Ideally, we go through the complexity
so others don't have to.)

3.   TOPIC: Where are we on defining the process for submitting EDXL common
components ? (Answer: Werner will update the process diagram and a short
note on describing the Specification Template Process, namely how to create
an OASIS template to generate a committee specification draft.)

4.  TOPIC: What are we doing to establish policies supporting
cross-standard fertilization?  (Answer: The Adoption TC is considering this
issue and Rex's initiative to generate a report and ontology for mapping
code lists supports this.)

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=42407

Download Document: