Subject: EDXL GML Simple Features (edxl-gsf) - revised specification and schema

Don, et.al –

I have taken a shot at creating a revised schema for EDXL GML Simple Features that combines “micro_gml_profile.xsd” with the “edxl-gsf.xsd” schema Don created to define an EDXLLocation element and EDXLLocationType ‘wrapper’ for micro_gml_profile. See my posting here in the GIS-SC Project documents folder:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-gis/download.php/42738/edxl-gsf.v0.0.LEL.xsd

I believe having a single schema file to handle to simple features needs of EDXL enhances its usefulness and eases management in the long term. Furthermore, this single schema would be owned by OASIS, which would provide governance control over its contents to serve the needs of OASIS and the EDXL suite of message standards that depends on it.

In addition, I have made some corrections and editorial changes to the EDXL GML Simple Features Profile specification document in the following areas:

·       Corrected errors in the <choice> tags for “LineStringType” and “CircleByCenterPointType”

·       Added reference to the OGC source schema locations for each element and type included in the specification document

The corrected/revised specification document has also been posted to the GIS-SC documents folder at the following location for your review and

consideration.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-gis/download.php/42737/edxl-gsf-v1.0-wd07.odt

Regards,

Lew Leinenweber