Subject: Groups - DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-Mtgnotes-11-29-12.doc uploaded

Submitter's message
Please review these minutes from the November 29th, 2012 meeting of the Reference Information Model subcommittee for approval at our next meeting, subject to any specified changes. Thanks.
-- Jeff Waters
Document Name: DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-Mtgnotes-11-29-12.doc

Description
At the November 29, 2012 meeting of the Reference Information Model
Subcommittee, the members discussed the following topics:

1. TOPIC: Should we use schematron-based validation and what are our next
steps for Defining Layers? (Answer: We will educate ourselves on
schematron; however, we will proceed with traditional XML validation and
re-evaluate if Jake feels the schematron validation is a requirement. For
our next steps, Norm will ask Jake if he can offer an alternative XML
schema for defining the Layer format, as an alternative to the version
offered by Jeff in the DE 2.0 Working Draft 10.)

2. TOPIC: Should we use capitalization to distinguish our XML elements and
types and if so, which capitalization technique? (Answer: A motion was
passed to: (a) distinguish types from elements by adding ?Type? to the
type; (b) recommend developers avoid the use of ?Type' in the element name
and (c) we further recommend use of camel-case for names and pascal-case
for the types.)
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Jeff Waters
Group: EM Reference Information Model SC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2012-12-03 02:21:27