Subject: Groups - DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-MtgNotes-08-21-2014 uploaded

Submitter's message
Please review these minutes from the August 21st, 2014 meeting of the Reference Information Model Subcommittee for approval at our next meeting, subject to any specified changes. Thanks.
-- Jeff Waters
Document Name: DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-MtgNotes-08-21-2014

Description
At the August 24th, 2014 meeting of the Reference Information Model
Subcommittee, the members discussed the following topics:

1. TOPIC: Are we preparing a committee note or committee specification
explaining the NIEM Adapters? Yes. Werner is preparing the draft and
assembling any input documents from which to draw. (Background information
includes presentation by Lizzie on Feb 20, 2014, see minutes for
discussion.) Whether to move forward with a note or a specification is an
ongoing discussion. Also to be decided is the best place to provide access
to the adapters.

2. TOPIC: Should we include supporting schema in our zip releases? Yes, for
various reasons, including to make it easier for users, to ensure the
primary schemas validate out of the box, to ensure we have the correct
versions of the supporting schemas which were used when the standard was
developed, etc.; however, a folder template structure should be considered
to clarify which schemas are supporting and which are primary.

3. TOPIC: Should we add ?elevation? to GML Simple Features (GSF) Profile?
Perhaps. CAP may use GSF or Geo-RSS and this hasn?t yet been decided. The
decision may impact the need to include ?elevation? in GSF.

4. TOPIC: When supporting schema changes are under consideration, should a
working group developing a new standard include the latest approved
versions of those supporting schema? Yes, that is the recommended general
practice. If a new release is coming soon, the group can consider that.
New releases do not mean older versions are obsolete, so it?s helpful to
know which versions of schema were used and handy to have those included in
a specification?s zip file.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Jeff Waters
Group: EM Reference Information Model SC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2014-09-03 22:23:28