OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

emergency-rim message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Agenda Item: Fwd: Re: Could you check the EDXL-SitRep schemas?

Hi Everyone,

I'm forwarding Jeff Waters' reply to my request that he review the EDXL-SitRep schema. We will discuss these suggested changes for the purpose of recommending action to the EM TC for handling the EDXL-SitRp schema issues reported by David Webber.

I will send a separate reminder for the RIM SC meeting tomorrow.

Please attend if you can.


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: Could you check the EDXL-SitRep schemas?
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 10:58:20 -0700
From: Jeff Waters <jeffrywaters@gmail.com>
To: rexb@starbourne.com <rexb@starbourne.com>

  In Oxygen, I loaded in the main SitRep schema found in the schema folder: EDXLSitRep-v1.0.xsd.  I got validation errors which seemed to be mainly bad import statements.  The imports were pointing to files that were in other locations. So I tried to clean it up.  I made the following changes and I was able to get the schema to validate.  They were all bad import statements due to schemas being in different locations or having slightly different names. The only substantive change was that one of the schemas was looking for an ExtensionType type that didn't exist in the target schema, but there was a global "extension" element, so I just changed the offending schema to "ref" to this global element.  The BEFORE examples I commented out in the original schemas, so that's why they look like comments. The changes were pretty straightforward, but someone who actually worked on this schema should take a look and confirm.


Here are the before after changes:

<!--xs:import namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:emergency:edxl:extension:1.0"
 <xs:import namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:emergency:edxl:extension:1.0"

       <!--xs:element name="extension" type="ext:ExtensionType"
          minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/-->
     <xs:element  ref="ext:extension"
          minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

<!--xs:import namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:emergency:edxl:ct:1.0"
 <xs:import namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:emergency:edxl:ct:1.0"

<!--xs:import namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:emergency:edxl:ciq:1.0:xpil" schemaLocation="edxl_xPIL.xsd"/-->
<!--xs:import namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:emergency:edxl:ciq:1.0:xal" schemaLocation="edxl_xAL.xsd"/-->
<!--xs:import namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:emergency:edxl:gsf:1.0" schemaLocation="edxl-gsf.v1.0.xsd"/-->
 <xs:import namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:emergency:edxl:ciq:1.0:xpil" schemaLocation="../edxl-ciq-v1.0-csd04/edxl-xPIL.xsd"/>
  <xs:import namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:emergency:edxl:ciq:1.0:xal" schemaLocation="../edxl-ciq-v1.0-csd04/edxl_xAL.xsd"/>
  <xs:import namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:emergency:edxl:gsf:1.0" schemaLocation="../edxl-gsf-v1.0-csd02/edxl-gsf-v1.0.xsd"/>

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 8:50 AM, rexbroo <rexb@starbourne.com> wrote:
Hi Jeff,

I need to ask the favor in the subject line. David Webber found that the EDXL-SitRep schemas didn't validate and I verified that as much as I can with my tool, but perhaps you can suggest fixes using Oxygen. Darrell O'Donnell is also looking at this.

But I think we should discuss this in the RIM as to what should be done, i.e. a new public review if substantive changes are needed in the schemas or an errata or a quick 15-day public review if non-substantive changes will suffice.

Regardless, the schemas import into EA without a hitch, so I am mystified.

Hope you can shed some light on this.


Rex Brooks
Starbourne Communications Design
Email: rexb@starbourne.com
1361 Addison St. Apt. A
Berkeley, CA 94702
Phone: 510-898-0670

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]